EatTheBlocks Forum

Going from Eth -> token

I have two questions when going from Eth to erc20 token…

If I borrow Weth on dydx and buy an erc20 token swap then sell back to Eth would my pricing I’m polling for be in terms of Eth or would they need to be in terms of the token. So for AMPL would the price need to be 279.72 AMPL(current price) or .00357 Eth?

Second question. If I start with Weth and go UniswaptoKyber I would be ending with Eth on kyber network. Would I then need to do anything to swap it back to Weth to repay the loan or would it still work from Eth?

If I borrow Weth on dydx and buy an erc20 token swap then sell back to Eth would my pricing I’m > polling for be in terms of Eth or would they need to be in terms of the token. So for AMPL would the > price need to be 279.72 AMPL(current price) or .00357 Eth?

It’s the same because 1 WETH = 1 ETH.

Second question. If I start with Weth and go UniswaptoKyber I would be ending with Eth on kyber network. Would I then need to do anything to swap it back to Weth to repay the loan or would it still work from Eth?

If you borrow WETH, you need to reimburse WETH. You can easily swap back and forth between ETH and WETH with the deposit() and withdraw() functions of WETH.