EatTheBlocks Forum

Is Competetive Programming skills important to get Job as a Blockchain Developer?

Since I am in a college now, there is a sort of obsession here with Competitive Programming.

It also seems companies select candidates on the basis of Competitive Programming skills.

Honestly I have always enjoyed more when I develop projects and not when I spend hours to solve a coding problem.

I just want to Is it going to negatively effect my goal to get a blockchain developer job?

Should I focus on Competitive Programming, Data Structures when my aim is to be a Blockchain Development?

This is not a problem of Blockchain or not Blockchain but more what kind of companies do you want to work for.

The companies that pay the best are usually big companies that sometime value competitive programming.

For smaller companies and startups, they mostly care about your practical skills. Even though they pay a bit less it can still be very decent and you learn way moreā€¦ which can ultimately make you even more money than in a big co.