EatTheBlocks Forum

Is Web3.py production ready for real-life Dapps?

Someone recently asked me:

I wanted to know That i have been working on django which is why I built 3 dapps as of now on django but using WEB Python not Web3.js

So the thing that was bothering me was IS WEB3 IN PYTHON PRODUCTION READY YET LIKE WEB3.JS… I MEAN CAN IT BE USED IN REAL LIFE APPLICATION AS EFFECTIVELY AS WEB3.JS

Yes, Web3.py is very much production-ready.

As of March 2020, it has 130 contributors, 1500 stars on Github and is used by a couple of high profile Ethereum APIs.

This being said, keep in mind that Web3.py can only be used for frontend Dapps, contrary to Web3.js which can be used for both backend and frontend Dapps.

What exactly do you mean by frontend and backend DAPPs??? Just Wana more about the limitations of WEB3.PY…

HELP ME OUT PLZ SIR.

I am not sure to understand what you want to know about Web3.py then. Please ask a specific question.

PS: please don’t use ALL CAPS or triple question mark (???) that comes across as a bit aggressive :slight_smile:

You said - "This being said, keep in mind that Web3.py can only be used for frontend Dapps, contrary to Web3.js which can be used for both backend and frontend Dapps."

I just wana know what do you mean by backend Dapps?

Backend Dapps is backend code (on a server) that interact with blockchain.